Re: automatic completion of file tags

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: automatic completion of file tags
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:04:44 +0100

Hi Alan,

> I'm playing with an implementation of Zettelkasten using deft and org
> files, and I want to tag each note with some tags taken from a list (I'm
> using the ~#FILETAGS:~ line for that at the moment). Is there a builtin
> org way of doing it (have a list of tags defined somewhere and tag a
> whole file with them using some completion mechanism, as for headlines),
> or do I need to roll up my own?

I'm not entirely sure: you want to tag all headline in a file with
multiple pre-defined tags?

With `org-loop-over-headlines-in-active-region' set to `t', you can
tag multiple headlines by selecting a region with the headlines you
want to tag, then C-c C-q to tag them one after another.

You cannot add multiple tags for each headline this way, though.

I would go for defining a temporary local tag like "replaceme" to
tag multiple (all) headline in the file, then simpy search/replace
occurrences of "replaceme" with your:list:of:tags

HTH,

--
 Bastien