Re: customizing Org for legibility

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: customizing Org for legibility
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:34:57 +0000

On Friday, 31 Jan 2020 at 17:34, Texas Cyberthal wrote:
> Along the way, I discovered mixed-pitch, which fixed most of my
> complaint.

mixed-pitch-mode is quite nice and does work well generally.  It doesn't
work well with org-indent-mode, unfortunately, as the spacing used by
org to align subsequent text with the heading assumes fixed pitch.  I
imagine this could be fixed if somebody has the time and motivation.

in any case, your efforts in making org more attractive to new users is
welcome.  for us old-timers, the look & feel of org is what we grew up
with so we're comfortable with it...

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.1-94-g0ac6a9