Re: A new, "org-bullets"-like minor mode

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: A new, "org-bullets"-like minor mode
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2020 20:27:33 +0100

> Much like org-bullets-mode, the new mode (dubbed
> "org-superstar-mode" for the time being) visually replaces headline
> stars with UTF8 bullets.  However, while I took the code of org-bullets
> as an initial template, I have largely rewritten the code base for lots
> of additional features

I haven't looked at the code yet but would it make sense for your new
mode just being renamed to "org-bullet" instead? Do you expect that some
current users won't want to update?

If you want to stick with creating a new mode, are there any bug fixes
that you could backport to "org-bullet"?

> However, since the mode still contains code snippets from org-bullets, I
> have tried to contact the original author (sabof) of the package in the
> hopes of getting an official approval before making the thing public.
> The problem with /that/ however is that the author has been inactive for
> several years now, with the package being maintained by Jonas Bernoulli,
> who I did not yet contact.

I don't actually use it myself and just enable it temporarily if someone
reports a bug or something.  It's not that I am not interested in
something like this package, but from the sound of it I would rather use
your package than the old "org-bullet".

If I remember correctly it, then it took some effort to contact sabof,
but eventually they gave their blessing.

  Jonas