Re: Glacial file operation!

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: Glacial file operation!
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 19:43:56 +0000

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Sharon,
>
> Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> So how can I either remove it, or negate its showing its effects in
>> every org-mode file please?
>
> Can you use `org-mode-hook' to deactivate whatever is getting in your way?

Thanks for replying.

I actually solved it after I'd emailed you ... I had a file containing
50+ org-mode links to various files, documents, and shell scripts. Once
I'd dumped it out of emacs, everything suddenly worked as normal! My
final thoughts on it is that wc-mode was trying to count the number of
words and stuff in all of the files after following the links!

Sorry
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 10.2, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 26.3, org 9.3.2