Re: Bug: org-element-at-point on headline does not contain :parent prope

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bug: org-element-at-point on headline does not contain :parent property [9.3 (release_9.3 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 17:55:05 +0800

> Probably the docstring needs to be adapted - Nicolas knows this area
> better than me.

Do you mean that :parent property may not always be present?

If so, it is quite disappointing. It would be helpful to be able to find
parent of any element at point (especially, in conjunction with
org-element-cache). At least, optionally.

I was counting on this feature to try speeding up my agenda generation
(using org-element-cache).

Best,
Ihor

--