Re: Make code elements in prose unobtrusive [legibility 6/6]

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Make code elements in prose unobtrusive [legibility 6/6]
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 14:56:34 +0100

On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 09:38:57PM -0600, Matthew Lundin wrote:
> Adam Porter <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > There may be improvements to be made, but the defaults shouldn't be set
> > to match the preferences of any one user.  Remember that people have
> > been using Org for years, and theming and faces are very personal.  ;)
>
> I strongly agree. All of the changes mentioned in these legibility
> threads could be accomplished through theming and Elpa/Melpa packages

I've been monitoring this thread, and I have to agree strongly with the idea of
themes. I think if you feel strongly about the newbie experience, maybe you can
help setup and maintain a single binary Emacs distro with your theme as the
default.

I'm the complete opposite of the original poster in all of these threads. I
avoid applications with variable width fonts. I treasure that my terminals all
have the same fixed width font and it isn't overridden by every document or
application. I find variable fonts to be an aesthetic hassle. I wish I could
read more items on my terminal or in fixed width in Emacs. It's very high speed
and consistent. The modern web is a particular hassle with bright backgrounds
and highly inconsistent and illegible fonts.

However, if that's what makes you happy in Emacs, feel free to customize it that
way. You can always have it your way in your config. ;]

Russell Adams                            address@hidden