Re: org-startup-truncated default should be nil [legibility 2/6]

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: org-startup-truncated default should be nil [legibility 2/6]
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 21:38:51 +0000

Okay, I get it: Emacs (especially vanilla) just doesn't meet your
requirements.  So be it!  Horse for courses, as they say here in the
UK.  All I can say is that I find most, if not all, other tools so
frustrating.  I can never get them to work the way I want.  With Emacs,
I can.  Yes, this means that I have to work at customizing and this is
not easy for a beginner.  But I can.

One minor point, in case anybody else reading this thread might find
this useful:

>> What about turning on whitespace-mode?
>
> That makes all the spaces visible, which isn't legible.

As with all things Emacs, this is completely customizable.  You can have
whitespace mode show/highlight the bits you want and not the others.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.2-233-gc2bc48