Re: org link to OCaml comment

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: org link to OCaml comment
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 15:33:49 +0100

Hello,

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for the explanation. Is there a way to either escape the
> parentheses (maybe url-encode them),

*shivers* Please never suggest again url-encoding links in Org! ;) We
only got out of this hell recently. I don't want to dive in again.

> or to automatically not include the closing one as you suggest when
> creating the link?

There is some specific syntax in links. More specifically, the
following are meaningful:

- a star at the beginning of the link (or search option)
- a hash at the beginning of the link
- forward slashes around the link
- parenthesis around the link

I think that `org-store-link' should be careful about it and prevent
these pathological cases if necessary.

In any other situation, however, I think the user is responsible for
not using these specific constructs.

WDYT?

Regards,

--