Re: Faster version of org-find-olp

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Faster version of org-find-olp
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 08:17:00 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I ended up writing a function on top of that that does find-or-create,
> so you can go to a certain outline path, creating and inserting
> (optionally in sorted order) the missing segments as you go. It was
> fairly difficult to get right, so perhaps it will be of use to someone,
> or appropriate for Worg or even Org proper:
>
> https://github.com/girzel/timesheet.el/blob/master/timesheet.el#L250

thanks for this - don't hesitate to reference it somewhere on Worg if
you think that's useful.

If you think this should go to Org's core, please make a patch and
tell what's the difference with your patch and how to test it to make
sure we really understand the issue at stake.  I don't have any issue
with the current implementation of `org-find-olp' so I cannot really
know.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien