Re: Powershell scripting with org-babel

From: George Mauer
Subject: Re: Powershell scripting with org-babel
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 21:32:48 -0600

> Micro$loth WindBlows is a computer virus

Well that's mature and appropriate.

I recently did an implementation of `ob-pwsh` for supporting powershell core (it assumes there’s a pwsh command available on PATH though thats configurable with `org-babel-command:pws`). Here’s the link https://github.com/togakangaroo/ob-pwsh. Instructions for installing are in the README

It works ok and even supports variables but was a 3 hour hack job, plenty of features missing. I hadn’t even announced it on this list before. The code is pretty small though - under 60 loc if you want to contribute to it, I’m game.

I also saw this a while ago but haven’t really dug in https://old.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/dkz0n1/babel_with_powershell/?st=k5jqc8es&sh=b464c181

Oh, and powershell is awesome. It’s 2020, we should have a runtime in our terminal (eshell somewhat does this and is pretty good because of it). One of the things that would be really nice to do some day would be some sort of conversion between powershell and lisp structures so that we could pass structured data as hashes and lists between languages - not just strings.