Re: Provide org-insert-subitem

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: Provide org-insert-subitem
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:28:28 -0600

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> I still find it strange to keep functions that are used nowhere in the
> Org's core--except of course for functions that explicitely mention as
> usable by the user (e.g. `org-clock-persistence-insinuate'.)
>
> I'd rather have these functions stored in a org-utils.el library for
> those who care.

I'm not sure what you mean about functions mentioned as usable by the
user.  org-insert-subheading is an interactive command, so it's
explicitly usable by the user.  And it's in org.el, so it's in Org's
"core", right?  I guess we're thinking in different terms.

Inserting a subheading or subitem is a very common operation in an
outlining and list-making tool, so it would seem like a significant
regression to remove it.

I'm not opposed to reorganizing the code, of course, as long as it
remains loaded as a command when org-mode is activated.