How to occasionally store link as file.org+headline

From: Mirko Vukovic
Subject: How to occasionally store link as file.org+headline
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:48:35 -0500

Hello,

For most of my links, I want to use the ID generated by orgmode
i.e., (setq org-id-link-to-org-use-id t)

But occasionally, for targets that are not part of my agenda files, I want to store a link of the type file:path.org::*headline

I wrote the following function to accomplish that:

(defun org-store-file+headline ()
  "Store link as file + headline"
  (interactive)
  (let ((org-id-link-to-org-use-id nil))
    (org-store-link nil t)))

This function works (lightly tested).

But is there a built-in way, such as using prefixes or arguments to org-store-link? I browsed the code for it, but that function is several hundred lines long, and I gave up.

Thank you,

Mirko