Re: Step by step tutorial on Worg on how to create a new export backend

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: Step by step tutorial on Worg on how to create a new export backend
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 21:17:33 +0100

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 21:48:02 +0100
Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> We have a good reference documentation for creating export backends:
> https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-export-reference.html
>
> But we *badly* need a step by step tutorial on Worg.
>
> Anyone would like to volunteer for writing such a tutorial?

I actually began writing something about “deriving a export backend”
back in 2013.

Deriving a backend might be an ideal starting point of creating an
export backend; IIRC the main difference is, for a new backend you'll
have to provide /all/ the options whereas in a derived exporter you
could simply provide e.g. another src-block interpretation as
alternative to the html exporter.

Back then for some reason I didn't like punchagan's “org2blog” (which
is not an exporter) and wrote my own ox-blog (derived from ox-html) for
exporting into wordpress (i don't use wordpress anymore, so it's
rotting away on github...).

Best regards
Robert