Re: attachment: link type export to HTML invalid attach dir

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: attachment: link type export to HTML invalid attach dir
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 09:51:43 +0100

Hello,

Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> It looks like a good direction to go.

Thank you for the feedback!

I fixed the various typos you mentioned.

> As far as I can see (by looking at the diff and quickly testing), the
> file+{sys,emacs} functionality is being removed.  That's probably
> okay/intended, given that it was marked as deprecated in 9.0.  But
> perhaps it's worth mentioning in ORG-NEWS that this functionality has
> now been removed entirely.

Good catch! That is subconscious, actually. I considered removing them,
then hesitated, and it all ended up in an intermediate state. Removing
it properly would require to remove :application property in the parser,
too. At some point, this functionality needs to go, but it is not
necessarily now. I can add it back if needed. Otherwise, I will remove
it completely in a subsequent patch.

Removing this feature may not break existing documents, however. Indeed,
with the suggested tooling, we may simply make "file+sys" and
"file+emacs" aliases for "file" in "org-compat.el". IOW, they would do
nothing more than regular file links, except maybe send an obnoxious
message to the user (linter already does this).

I didn't write the required ORG-NEWS entry because we are not settled on
the final design. I agree all the changes discussed here have to be
mentioned in that file.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou