Regarding collapsing blank lines between headlines

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Regarding collapsing blank lines between headlines
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:38:28 +0100

I prefer to keep at least one empty line between my Org headers.

I find myself frequently clearing or collapsing multiple empty lines after the
content of a block before the next headline.

Did I miss a variable to customize collapsing blank space? Perhaps I can just
add a hook to when I mark a TODO to DONE to remove extra whitespace at the end
of the block.

I already use org-blank-before-new-entry to try and keep proper spacing.

For example:

* Item 1

Block of text for item 1

* Item 2

Block of text for item 2

           ;; excess empty lines that should be removed

* Item 3

Block of text for item 3

Russell Adams                            address@hidden