Re: Make ob-python.el support ":results pp" pretty print result

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Make ob-python.el support ":results pp" pretty print result
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:56:21 -0800

Hi stardiviner,

stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:

> I found ob-python does not support ":results pp" pretty print result. And
> Python
> has a module "pprint". What about add support this?

Well, there is code in ob-python.el that uses the pprint module when
":results pp", but I must admit I've never used it and don't know
whether it is currently working. I'm also unsure there's a difference in
how session and non-session blocks deal with this.

I'll plan to test it out later this weekend or next week and see if I
can fix any issues. Or, if you're able, please feel free to submit a
patch (but please let me know if you plan to work on this, so we can
avoid duplicating effort).

Ideally, a patch for this would also include a unit test, to make sure
this doesn't break in future.