Re: Limiting properties and property values

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: Limiting properties and property values
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 05:09:28 +0530

Dear Eric, Bastien and John,

Thanks for references to recutils and org-ql. These are very interesting, and I am looking at those.

A recutils database with a possibility of selecting, inserting and updating records from org is one possibility.

Let me play around with these tools a bit and see what they are like.

Thanks again,

Vikas

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 at 22:20, Fraga, Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sunday, 23 Feb 2020 at 15:10, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> I am thinking of using org-mode to compile a small database.

Although org is fantastic, it is sometimes worth considering other tools
(and with babel, these can often be brought into the org sphere of
activity easily).  For instance, GNU recutils [1] might suit you
better.  There's even an emacs mode [2].

Just my 2¢.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/

[2]  https://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/rec-mode-manual/rec-mode.html

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-354-g9d5880