Re: org-babel prepends <<noweb>> expansions with the prefix of the <<tag

From: Johannes Dahl
Subject: Re: org-babel prepends <<noweb>> expansions with the prefix of the <<tag>>? Can this be turned off?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 09:00:13 +0200

Hi,

That's a fun coincidence, I ran into this behaviour a couple of days
ago as well. For anyone wondering why one would want to comment out
their noweb tags but still expect them to result in uncommented code
expansion: if one is to edit a source block containing Noweb tags, the
emacs mode for that programming language might interpret those tags in
an unexpected way and give a messy result, e.g. in my case with
LilyPond, mess up the indentation of the rest of the code block.

Luckily, Noweb tag syntax is configurable using
org-babel-noweb-wrap-start and org-babel-noweb-wrap-end. Thus, the way
I worked around this was to define, for the file containing LilyPond
code blocks, org-babel-noweb-wrap-start as "%<<", % being LilyPond's
comment symbol. But I still wonder if there is a better way.

Cheers,
Johannes