Re: bug: ';' gets error starting countdown timer in agenda

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: bug: ';' gets error starting countdown timer in agenda
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 23:03:43 +0100

Ian Garmaise <address@hidden> writes:

> In Agenda, I issue the ';' command to start a countdown timer.
> I am asked how many minutes, then I get the following error
>

> user-error: Command not allowed in this line
>
> Timer doesn't start.  I have no problem starting a timer with C-c C-x ;

Thanks for the report.

AFAICS this issue occurs if you press ; on a line which is not
associated to a heading.  So a workaround is to pick a headline before
the press on ;.

I installed a fix in the master branch which looks natural to me.
Concretely the name of the buffer is taken when no associated heading
can be identified (instead of erroring.)  BTW this completely complies
with the docstring AFAICS.

Best regards,
-- Marco