Re: Bug: org-agenda fails to interpret UTF-8 filenames in some cases

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Bug: org-agenda fails to interpret UTF-8 filenames in some cases
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 10:52:12 +0000

On Thursday,  5 Mar 2020 at 11:41, Lubos Boucek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After adding file "úkoly.org" (filename written with Czech keyboard)
> with `C-c [`, immediate `M-x org-agenda t` goes through. However,
> after restarting emacs, the same command stops with warning
> "Non-existent agenda file c:/Users/lubos/Documents/org/úkoly.org.
> [R]emove from list or [A]bort?".

This looks like an encoding issue.  Have a look at your emacs
customization file (.emacs, .emacs.d/init.el, wherever customized
variable settings are placed in your case) and fix the file name
properly there?

I know that I have the following line (as the first line) in some of my
emacs files:

# -*- coding: utf-8; -*-

Maybe put that in your org customization file?

But I should warn you that I still find encoding issues perplexing in
Emacs.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-354-g9d5880