File Scoped Properties?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: File Scoped Properties?
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 10:28:20 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to get org-attach to use a different data directory for a particular file.

My understanding is that this is controlled by `org-attach-id-dir` by default but can be overridden at the file or entry level by use of the `DIR` property. I can successfully override it at the entry level by adding `DIR` to the entries properties but I can't figure out how to set it for all entries in the file.

I tried:

```
#+DIR: ~/.foo/data
```

as the first line of the file.

I _am_ able to get it to work by adding a file local variable like

```
# Local Variables:
# org-attach-id-dir: "~/.foo/data"
# End:
```

but then whenever I open the file it tells me it's possibly not safe to set that.

Any ideas?

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.