Re: Shift select

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Shift select
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 09:11:38 +0000

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 at 08:17, Josh <address@hidden> wrote:
One more question,

I turned on shift-select with the following line in my .emacs. It works,
but of course, on headings, it doesn't work because it changes the TODO
status of the heading (shift left-right) or the priority of the heading
(shift up-down). How would I make shift select still work on headings, and
assign those other functions to other bindings?

(setq org-support-shift-select t)

The help text for this variable (C-h v org-support-shift-select) includes:

"If you set this variable to the symbol ‘always’, then the keys
will not be special in headlines, property lines, and item lines,
to make shift selection work there as well.  If this is what you
want, you can use the following alternative commands:
‘C-c C-t’ and ‘C-c ,’ to change TODO state and priority,
‘C-u C-u C-c C-t’ can be used to switch TODO sets,
‘C-c -’ to cycle item bullet types,
and properties can be edited by hand or in column view."

Does that answer your question?

Best wishes,
     Neil