Re: org-pop-mode

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: org-pop-mode
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:15:47 -0500

"Mark E. Shoulson" <address@hidden> writes:

> This is something I've wanted for years in org-mode, but which in some
> ways could actually be _offensive_ to its ideals.  If you're an
> outline purist, look away.

> So, I present a pre-alpha version,
> https://gist.github.com/clsn/09ac4b098b6ad7366bb5e0bc88882d5f of
> org-pop-mode.  To "pop" back up, create a headline at the level you're
> popping back to, and give it a tag of "contd", and the headline text
> should not be something important.  Instructions and explanations are
> in the comments of the file (the part about installing from MELPA is a
> lie, though).
>
> Any feedback?

Hi Mark,

Indeed, this is something that is frequently asked about.  I probably
wouldn't use it myself, but it looks like you've done a good job on it.
Here is some feedback:

1.  I'd suggest a more descriptive name, especially if you plan to
publish it to MELPA.  org-pop doesn't seem to convey anything about what
it does.  :)

2.  In the code, I saw you comment about cl-flet, and I see you using
fset and unwind-protect in the org-pop-with-continuations macro.
Instead, use cl-letf with symbol-function, like:

  (cl-letf* (((symbol-function 'foo)
              #'my-foo)
             ((symbol-function 'bar)
              (lambda ()