:tangle header argument not picked up in #+PROPERTY line or :PROPERTIES:

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: :tangle header argument not picked up in #+PROPERTY line or :PROPERTIES: block
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 23:00:08 +0100

Hi list,

I'm having trouble tangling an Org file. Basically, if I put a =:tangle= header argument in a =#+PROPERTY= line at the top of the file or in a =:PROPERTIES:= block under a header, it is not picked up and the code blocks to which (I think) it should apply are not tangled. Only when I put a =:tangle= argument at the top of the source block itself is the source block tangled.

Is this expected behaviour? Am I doing something wrong?

Emacs 26.3, Org 9.3.6.

TIA

Joost

--