Re: Org-babel-lilypond always renders full pages

From: adam
Subject: Re: Org-babel-lilypond always renders full pages
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 10:36:55 +1300

On Tue, 2020-03-31 at 10:48 -0300, Jonathan Gregory wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 30 Mar 2020, stardiviner <address@hidden> wrote:

> > stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:

> > > You might want to try this:
> > >
> > > #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> > > (add-to-list 'org-babel-default-header-args:lilypond
> > >              '((:prologue . "\paper{
> > >   indent=0\mm
> > >   line-width=120\mm
> > >   oddFooterMarkup=##f
> > >   oddHeaderMarkup=##f
> > >   bookTitleMarkup = ##f
> > >   scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
> > > }")))
> > > #+end_src
> > >

> > I found this custom setting lilypond header arguments will not work.
> > Because this code
> > function:
> >
> > #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> > (defun org-babel-lilypond-get-header-args (mode)
> >   "Default arguments to use when evaluating a lilypond source block.
> > These depend upon whether we are in Arrange mode i.e. MODE is t."
> >   (cond (mode
> >          '((:tangle . "yes")
> >            (:noweb . "yes")
> >            (:results . "silent")
> >            (:cache . "yes")
> >            (:comments . "yes")))
> >         (t
> >          '((:results . "file")
> >            (:exports . "results")))))
> >
> > (defun org-babel-lilypond-set-header-args (mode)
> >   "Set org-babel-default-header-args:lilypond
> > dependent on ORG-BABEL-LILYPOND-ARRANGE-MODE."
> >   (setq org-babel-default-header-args:lilypond
> >         (org-babel-lilypond-get-header-args mode)))
> > #+end_src
> >
> > It always reset and return one result of two conditions.
> >
> > I think this is a bug.
>
> So are all org-babel-default-header-args:LANG custom variables? In the
> ob-lilypond.el library the headers are hard-coded.
>
> [...]
>
> --
> Jonathan

Hi all.  This is very interesting.

I quickly tried setting the   org-babel-default-header-args:LANG   using
exactly
the src emacs-lisp  example block above.

However that variable remained nil before and after org export lilypond to PDF.
Am sure I must have done something wrong.

Thank you for drawing my attention to that variable, as it seems the right
place
for  lilypond  headers and options too.

Off-topic:  Oliver is exporting/engraving to a fixed-resolution png. An
alternative
is to export scalable vector graphics of the score to PDF.