passing output from a src block to a gnuplot src block

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: passing output from a src block to a gnuplot src block
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 17:18:07 +0100

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the :post directive in a src block that generates some
data (two columns of numbers) to pass these data to a gnuplot src
block.  The latter would normally have a ":var data=sometable" header
specification and I would then simply "plot data using 1:2".  Behind the
scenes, it would seem that org babel for gnuplot creates a data file to
store the data from a table but this doesn't seem to happen with the
:post usage.

The question is how do I do the same without having to create an
intermediate table (as it's quite large and totally unnecessary other
than for transferring data from one block to another).

Has anybody here done anything similar?

Thank you.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-438-g5b9698