Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 11:16:26 +0200

On Wed, Apr 08 2020, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 5:13 PM Joost Kremers <address@hidden> wrote:
What would help, BTW, is if there's an easy way to find out what
the bibliography file or files are that are associated with the
current Org buffer.

I guess the simplest and most flexible option would be to specify the
bib file in the header?

So if present use that; otherwise use the global bib file(s) specified
in the init?

That sounds like a good approach, yes. I don't know if Org would want to support having different bib files for different headers (i.e., be able to specify bib files in a :PROPERTIES: block). I believe that would be a bad idea, but who knows?

For my purpose, the best thing would be to have a function that returns a list of bibliography files for the current buffer (or header, if you want to go that way). That way, I wouldn't have to come up with my own (bug-prone) way of figuring out what bib files a user expects a particular Org file to use. Since (presumably) such a function is going to be needed anyway for exporting, it would be a simple matter of making that function public (i.e., name it with one dash, not two).

Thanks,

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments