Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Albert Krewinkel
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 07:38:12 +0200

Bruce D'Arcus writes:

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 3:38 AM Albert Krewinkel <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Bruce D'Arcus writes:

>> > On this, I would defer to András and Albert (who maintains the pandoc
>> > org code, I believe).
>>
>> Yes, that is correct. Pandoc parses `prefix` and `suffix` as markup, so
>> the pp in ", /pp/. 33-35." would be italicized.
>
> And Pandoc parses that "suffix" into two parts: the locators, and the
> suffix proper.

"Pandoc", as used above, is probably meant to include pandoc-citeproc,
the CSL processor shipped with pandoc. Pandoc itself does not process
the prefix/suffix values further, but leaves that to pandoc-citeproc:

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-citeproc/blob/d7eb5fd15980ba40d7bffd6d2f031a229881668f/src/Text/CSL/Pandoc.hs#L471

> In this example, from the CSL perspective, there is no suffix; just a locator.

>From pandoc's point of view, there is no difference. Org-mode could
probably take a similar stance.

> So to answer Nicholes' "CSL processor does its job" question, the
> answer would be "yes'; correct?

Agree.

--
Albert Krewinkel