Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 10:25:51 -0400

I'm going to split off the syntax part of your email, Nicholas, for
quick comment.

I need to think more about the other questions.

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 10:02 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Finally, what does the above example look like when, say, there are
> > two cites (say @doe2020 and @doe2019), and a global prefix?
> >
> > Is it this?
> >
> > [cite:see ;@doe2020;@doe2019]
>
> Yes, and a "t-styled" citation would be:
>
>   [citet:see;@doe2020;@doe2019]
>
> Barring the prefix, the syntax of the citation does not change wrt to
> "wip-cite" branch. However, this is enough to be slightly incompatible,
> hence the "wip".
>
> > And a SuppressAuthor variant would be this?
> >
> > [cite:see ;-@doe2020;-@doe2019]
>
> Indeed.
>
> How does that sound?

Good; no issues that I see with this at all.

Only question is I see you removed whitespace after the prefix on your
citet: example.

Is the expectation (which is reasonable; am just asking) that prefixes
would add the whitespace after it on output, so users don't have worry
about this?

So in other words, the value of an affix would be a trimmed string?

Bruce