Re: Bug: Small documentation errors [9.3.6 (9.3.6-29-g6a3dff-elpaplus @

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: Small documentation errors [9.3.6 (9.3.6-29-g6a3dff-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/27.0/develop/org-plus-contrib-20200406/)]
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 22:35:09 +0000

"Jorge P. de Morais Neto" <address@hidden> writes:

> * Small documentation errors
>
> Hi.  Below I report a series of small documentation errors.  Please tell
> me whether it was helpful to coalesce these several errors into one bug
> report or I should have filed several reports.

Thanks for sending this.  My personal preference would be more focused
reports.  (And of course patches would be even better.)

I'm responding to some of the points below, focusing on what I viewed as
the more clear-cut errors.

> ** [[info:org#Sparse Trees]]
>
>  The final paragraph recommends the command ‘C-c C-e v’ to export only
> the visible part of the document.  The correct keybinding, however, is
> ‘C-c C-e C-v’.

Corrected.

> ** [[info:org#Plain Lists]]
>
> The description of `C-c -' inverts the effect of the prefix argument.

I'm not seeing that behavior on my end.  With

and a region spanning before "a" and after "b", hitting 'C-c -' gives me

  - a
  - b

Hitting 'C-u C-c -' instead I get

  - a

AFAICS that matches the manual's description.

> ** Docstring of `org-time-stamp-inactive'
[...]
> Also, it says that inactive timestamp do not link to the calendar and
> cannot be changed with the S-cursor keys; the actual behavior -- which I
> tested both in an updated Spacemacs (develop branch) and in `emacs -q`
> -- contradicts both assertions.

That statement has been around a while.  Perhaps that used to be a case,
but, testing a few recent versions, it certainly doesn't seem true now.
I've removed that part.

> Finally, the last paragraph says:
>
>     When called with two universal prefix arguments, insert an active
>     time stamp with the current time without prompting the user.
>
> Clearly it should say /inactive/ instead of /active/.

This was recently fixed by Leo Vivier in acd163596 (2020-04-08).