Re: links are not parsed in keyword context

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: links are not parsed in keyword context
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:19:34 +0200

Hello,

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> If you consider the following line in an org file
>
> #+begin_src org
> #+FOO: http://alan.petitepomme.net/
> #+end_src
>

> then calling ~org-element-context~ returns
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (keyword
>  (:key "FOO"
>   :value "http://alan.petitepomme.net/";
>   :begin 1
>   :end 38
>   :post-blank 1
>   :post-affiliated 1
>   :parent nil))
> #+end_src

This is a feature. With a few exception, keyword value is not parsed,
i.e., Org does not need to understand what happens in there.

> Could is be possible to parse a link in keyword context?

That wouldn't make sense in most contexts.

> Alternatively, should I suggest org-ref uses an approach similar to
> the one in ~org-return~?

I think Org Ref can parse the value of the keyword (a string), instead.
There is, for example, `org-element-parse-secondary-string'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou