Re: Assistant to remove unused IDs of org-id

From: Marc Ihm
Subject: Re: Assistant to remove unused IDs of org-id
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:55:49 +0200

Hi Adam,
thanx for your feedback !
Your main point (the central function beeing to long) is undisputed;
will fix this during the next refactoring ...
Best regards,
Marc
Am 13.04.2020 um 22:04 schrieb Adam Porter:
Marc-Oliver Ihm <address@hidden> writes:

as I use the excellent package org-id in a somewhat non-standard way,
I tend to produce IDs, that are not referenced from anywhere. Org-id
handles this great and does not suffer in performance, but eventually
I want to remove those unreferenced IDs.  Therefore I have written a
small interactive assistant:

https://github.com/marcIhm/org-working-set/blob/master/org-id-cleanup.el

to help with removing those IDs.  The assistant (interactive function:
org-id-cleanup) is quite detailed with its instructions and checks, so
that the risk of doing harm ist reduced to a minimum, although not to
zero (therefore the first step is to ask for a backup).

In any case I wonder, if this functionality (removing unreferenced
IDs) could be helpful for anyone else.

So please feel free to have a look.  Finally I would be grateful for
any comment whatsoever (e.g. regarding the name of org-id-cleanup.el).

Hi Marc,

Thanks, this looks useful.  I posted some feedback as an issue on the
repository.

Adam