Re: Debugging at least 2 regressions in org-mode master breaking ox-hugo

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: Debugging at least 2 regressions in org-mode master breaking ox-hugo
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 13:20:41 +0200

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 1:04 AM Adam Porter <address@hidden> wrote:
Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Failure 1: org-get-outline-path has moved, and not mentioned in ORG-NEWS
>
> Compiling ox-hugo.el now gives:
>
> ox-hugo.el:4284:1: Warning: the function ‘org-get-outline-path’ is not known to be defined.
>
> I see that defun has now moved to org-refile.el. I see that
> org-get-outline-path has nothing to do specific to refiling. Can that
> be moved back to org.el, or may be a separate library? Otherwise,
> ox-hugo.el will have to load org-refile.el too (yes, I don't use
> org-refile (yet), and that's how I discovered this :))

Yes, please move that function back.  This is going to cause breakage in
a variety of packages that use that function but do not load
org-refile.  I can hear the bug reports rumbling already...  ;)

I support this. getting the outline path has more general applications that just refiling, so tugging it away into org-refile does not make sense.

- Carsten