Specifying the execution function and/or nested major mode for babel blo

From: Vladimir Nikishkin
Subject: Specifying the execution function and/or nested major mode for babel blocks
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 11:54:54 +0800

Hello, everyone.

In org.el we have the following:
(require (intern (concat "ob-" lang)))

This is fine most of the time, however, there are exceptions.
The one I am interested in is fortran/f90. There are separate
fortran-mode and f90-mode, however, afaiu, just a single
ob-fortran.el, which works fine with both of those.

Moreover, when I make block like:
#+begin_src fortran
#+end_src
or turns on syntax highlighting for fortran-mode, not for f90-mode.
I can make blocks like:
#+begin_src f90
#+end_src
This makes syntax highlighting work, but evaluation doesn't, because
org doesn't know that f90 and fortran have the same evaluation
(compilation) function.

I feel that this is a super minor thing that can be solved in, like,
one line of code. But I don't seem to be able to find which one.

Any suggestions?

Vlad

--
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin