Re: Parentheses in section titles interfere with on-screen font choice

From: Richard Stanton
Subject: Re: Parentheses in section titles interfere with on-screen font choice
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 03:14:04 -0700

I’ll investigate further...

On Apr 27, 2020, at 3:00 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

Richard Stanton <address@hidden> writes:

When using org mode (9.3.6), I’ve noticed that putting parentheses
into a section title seems to change the font used to display the
title on the screen. So, for example, on my machine

* Heading

displays in a red font.

If I add something in parentheses, e.g.,

* Heading (with parentheses)

the title now displays in grey. As I’m typing, the font change occurs the moment I type the first character after the open parenthesis.

The behavior is similar for lower level headers too. Is this
deliberate? And if so, is there a way to put parentheses into section
titles without interfering with the display font?

I cannot reproduce it. Is there something in your config?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou