Re: Bug: open pdfview link causes severe memory allocation

From: Firmin Martin
Subject: Re: Bug: open pdfview link causes severe memory allocation
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 23:32:38 +0200

> 1. Follow a *file link* doesn't open pdf with pdfview mode anymore,
>    instead, it opens the pdf using the default system's pdf reader.
> 2. Open *pdfview link* now causes severe memory allocation which freezes
>    quickly my PC.

I found the reason behind it: I was trying to open a djvu. By default, a
djvu is opened by my system's pdf reader. So, the first point is fine.

> N.B. I just noticed that there is a relatively new package
>      "org-pdftools" which may fix this behavior. But this is a severe bug
>      that shouldn't happen.

But the second point is still relevant. I reported this issue to
~org-pdftools~ which inherit the issue from the unmaintained ~org-pdfview~ :

https://github.com/fuxialexander/org-pdftools/issues/35

Best,

Firmin Martin