Re: TODO or checkboxes in org tables

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: TODO or checkboxes in org tables
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 21:33:41 +0200

>>> "AK" == Axel Kielhorn <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Alex,

I am not sure my first answer made it, so I apologize for a possible
crossposting.

   > Hi Uwe,
   >> I have an orgtable with a lot of useful information, I would like to add
   >> a column either for TODOS or checkboxes but it seems not work any idea
   >> whether such an addon package exist or any change that such a feature
   >> will be implemented?

   > I use a different approach.
   > I store the information in a normal org structure with TODO keywords.
   > I hide the checkboxes (and other meta information) in a drawer.

I thought about this as well, but the table is an import form an excel
documente and contains a row of 70 different persons, so to transform
this to a normal org structure would require some work, I presume.

In any case, thanks for you example I will try it out.
   > From this I generate a column view to present the information in a table.

   > You can generate different column views from the same data set.
   > I used the second version for years but recently discovered the :match
argument.
   > If you mark the actual data as :noexport: only the table will be printed.

A last question, which the command to generate the table
org-insert-dblock:columnview ?

Greetings

Uwe