Re: Possible bug with columnview and active dates

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Possible bug with columnview and active dates
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 20:55:49 +0000

Kyle Meyer writes:

> While I think it's be fair to consider this a regression, I'm leery of

s/it's be/it's/

> restoring the original behavior of stripping the brackets given how long
> the current behavior has been around.  Instead I think it'd be better to
> update the documentation and tweak the output on colview's end.

For the "tweaking the output part", it looks this is already possible on
the user's end via org-columns-modify-value-for-display-function.
Here's a lightly tested function that I think does what you want:

    (defun my/org-columns-remove-brackets (_title value)
      (and (string-match org-ts-regexp value)
           (match-string 1 value)))

    (setq org-columns-modify-value-for-display-function
          #'my/org-columns-remove-brackets)