Re: get the body of a heading up to the next subheading

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: get the body of a heading up to the next subheading
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 10:15:52 -0400

Thanks! Here is what I am currently using:

(defun canvas-org-get-heading-body ()
  "Return the body of the current heading up to the next heading."
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (unless (org-at-heading-p)
      (org-previous-visible-heading 1))
    (org-end-of-meta-data)
    (buffer-substring (point)
                      (progn (re-search-forward org-heading-regexp nil 'mv)
                             (line-beginning-position)))))

So far it gets what I want. I am pretty sure I have reinvented this,
maybe even from code I wrote before... I couldn't find my answer on SO
or my blog though.