Re: Bug: org-encrypt-entry fails [9.4 (nil @ /home/silipwn/.emacs.d/.loc

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Bug: org-encrypt-entry fails [9.4 (nil @ /home/silipwn/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build/org-mode/)]
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 21:17:57 +0200

silipwn <mail@silipwn.digital> writes:

> The current commit, still results in a error. I had a set the
> org-crypt-key to nil.

This is not a valid value: `org-crypt-key' must be a string.

> It still prompts to use a key.

I think setting `org-crypt-key' to nil means: use all keys in your key
ring. Some of them are not trusted, others may be invalid. Again, use
default empty string if you don't want to set a key and would rather use
symmetric encryption.

> The current backtrace is similar to this:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "GPG error: \"Encrypt failed\",
> \"Unusable public key: 49F84EA6007F964D; Exit\"")
>   signal(error ("GPG error: \"Encrypt failed\", \"Unusable public key:
>   49F84EA6007F964D; Exit\""))
>     error("GPG error: \"Encrypt failed\", \"Unusable public key:
>     49F84EA6007F964D; Exit\"")

You should check that key in your key ring. It probably has expired and
cannot be used for encryption.

Regards,