Re: (Feature Request) add more entry points to configure some export fun

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: (Feature Request) add more entry points to configure some export functionality
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 16:54:47 +0800

Hi again Nicolas,

Once again, thanks for taking the time to respond. I can assure you that it's much appreciated :)

> Export framework has *many* entry points already.
It certainly does, that's part of why I love it!

By item filter, I assume you are referring to org-export-filter-item-functions. That looks quite promising. I just tried a minimal function to testit
(defun tec/org-export-latex-fancy-item-checkboxes (text backend info)
    (pp text)
    "")
However, I must admit I find myself somewhat overwhelmed by the output:
I've tried applying a simple regex replace, which produces a satisfactory output though, so perhaps I'll just ignore all the 'extra stuff' above.

I still feel that it would be nicer to have the body of this cl-case (from org-latex-item) be a variable, but I'm quite happy to have a working solution!
	 (checkbox (cl-case (org-element-property :checkbox item)
     (on "$\\boxtimes$")
     (off "$\\square$")
     (trans "$\\boxminus$")))

Lastly, might you be able to shed any light on the feasibility of my desire to adjust the generation of HTML headers? I'm specifically looking to insert an element like this within the <h?> ... </h?> block:m
<a id="user-content-caveats-qa-etc-etc" class="anchor" aria-hidden="true" href="">(Link Icon)</a>

Thanks,

Timothy
On May 19 2020, at 3:31 pm, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello, Timothy writes: > We're now onto email 2/4. This one is a wish-list of entry points for > customising export functionality (well, styling). Export framework has *many* entry points already. See (info "(org)Advanced Export Configuration") > I'm a big fan of trying to make my documents look snazzy with minimal > work (i.e. by cramming all the snazzyness in the back-end), which is > why I was thrilled to be able to make use of customisations like > org-html-checkbox-types (see > https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#change-checkbox-type > for my use of it). > > However, there are a two areas where I am really interested in seeing > similar customisations, ideally without the need to advice-override > org functions. In the hope that these may be developed, I'll detail > them below. > LaTeX Export: Checkboxes > - I also want to be able to tweak the checkboxes here. This is trivial with an item filter. Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou