Re: issue tracker?

From: Roland Everaert
Subject: Re: issue tracker?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 22:17:55 +0200

Sourcehut seams interesting. Did you know if importing github/gitlab projects, with issues and merge requests (opened and closed) is supported at the moment?

I noticed it is in alpha, so I don't expect to see all the features of any of those forges yet.

Before I forget, Does magit+forge works well with sourcehut, especially the latter, as the former shouldn't have any problem?

Regards,

Roland.

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 9:43 PM Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
"James R Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> So, I definitely agree that using Github / Gitlab does expose you to
> tracking messes and that is something to shun. I figured a self-hosted
> Gogs instance (which is already being hosted at
> https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode) would fix the "tracking" issue.
>
> I think an actual issue tracker has merit to large projects.

I've been going around doing proselytizing for sr.ht (sourcehut, aka
"Sir Hat"), which is a forge-like site that is very much in line with
Emacs' principles. No tracking (barely any _javascript_ at all),
everything can be driven via email -- it's pretty nice. Could be a good
solution here.

(Not affiliated, though I do give them money.)

Eric