Re: issue tracker?

From: Anthony Carrico
Subject: Re: issue tracker?
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 22:35:12 -0400

On 5/18/20 5:24 PM, Anthony Carrico wrote:
Does org-mode have an issue tracker, to keep track of which issues are active, or is it just this mailing list?

I'm the OP here. My first post to this list generated a lot of feedback. I'm not sure I have an opinion, it was an honest question, but I'd like to summarize the replies:

1. The mailing list is a good way, perhaps the best way to manage discussion threads, including threads about issues (bugs).

2. There isn't an issue tracker.

I think issue tracking could happen on a mailing list. If you tag an issue's subject line with OPEN: or CLOSE:, a bot could mail a summary of the OPEN: issues to the list periodically (in theory).

Given that the mailing list holds the issues, it would be nice if you could import the mailing list into your client as a lump (maildir/mbox). Currently you can only download it chunk by chunk, so it isn't really practical for a newcomer to import the whole list to do research a new issue before reporting it.

--
Anthony Carrico