Re: emacs + org-mode in virtual machine/docker/...

From: briangpowell .
Subject: Re: emacs + org-mode in virtual machine/docker/...
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 14:02:55 -0400

You name it in the virtual world & I've done it--and of course Emacs Org-Mode works great in ALL of them

KVM+Docker{which I posted to this group about previously}+VMWare+Qemu+VirtualBox+etc. --I agree with other person: You can find ready-made Docker containers running emacs--personally I didn't find it all that interesting--too restrictive--prefer VMWare Workstation images that I can easily make snapshots of--its great to have many development versions and easily trash something and just pull out another snapshot version to use instead if I don't like things {packaging or libraries can get messed up}

As much as I hate MicroSoft Windows, it pains me to suggest this; but, I suggest CygWin--which is a RedHat gift--you can just install your favorite Desktop like LXDE/XWindows/whatever--and run that right along with Micro$0ft WindBlowz--works great--right on top of it--I run Org-Mode on that too--lots of fun, highly recommend it

All the best software is ported to ALL platforms--Emacs is in that category of course

Alternatively you can FUSE filesystems together--so machines can become part of the directory of the machine you're most comfortable with {that runs your fave Org-Mode implementation}