`with` as a list.

From: Mario Frasca
Subject: `with` as a list.
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 11:07:08 -0500

good day to you all

now and then I use emacs to make graphs.  now recently I was plotting point data, and a running average "fit", so I wanted to have points, and lines, which I know it's possible in `gnuplot` but now how do I do that from org-plot …

I wrote a small patch for org-plot.el, I'm not a Lisp programmer so I'm sure the patch looks terrible, but it does allow me to do this:

#+PLOT: ind:1 deps:(3 6 4 7) with:(points lines points lines)

it's two additions:

1. it lets me specify the order in which the dependent columns should be considered.

2. it lets me specify a different `with` for each column, in the same order.

if you leave the `with` away, you get "lines" for all columns.

if you specify only one `with` value, that value is used for all columns.

if you specify more `deps` than `with`, the ones not specified will get "lines".

if you specify more `with` than `deps`, they are ignored.

I ran the tests, and I get two failing ones, quite unrelated according to me:

2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  ob-exp/evaluate-all-executables-in-order
   FAILED  ob-exp/export-call-line-information

I have not defined test cases for the new behaviour, I'm willing to do that (learning the way this test environment works), but I don't find the location of the other tests related to the area of the program, which I'm tweaking.

best regards all,

Mario Frasca