Re: emacs + org-mode in virtual machine/docker/...

From: Jens Lechtenboerger
Subject: Re: emacs + org-mode in virtual machine/docker/...
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 11:03:27 +0200

On 2020-05-23, Olivier Berger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> This looks quite similar to my approach to producing course material,
> which is documented here : https://olberger.gitlab.io/org-teaching
> including the use of Docker (see
> https://gitlab.com/olberger/docker-org-teaching-export/ )

Indeed, the philosophy of using the right source format is the same.
Thanks for the pointer.

What I see as differences: Emacs-reveal embeds plugins for audio and
quizzes to create what I hope to be material for asynchronous
learning (particularly useful in Corona times but preferable to
lecturing in “normal” years as well).  It supports a bibliography
slide and focuses on Free and Open Educational Resources with
simplified (in my view) treatment of license information.

Do you share your teaching material for “Web architecture and
applications (CSC4101)”?

Best wishes
Jens