Re: (org-cycle) in new plain list items

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: (org-cycle) in new plain list items
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 13:03:04 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden writes:

> It is a minor thing, but it sort of bugs me:
>
> When I press <TAB> in a new plain list item it demotes it, as it
> should.

So I guess you have (setq org-cycle-include-plain-lists nil), right?

> But when I press <TAB> again, it does not move to the parent
> level, like a new headline would.

I'm not sure what "move to the parent level" really means here.

> Rather, it goes to the initial level
> first, before moving on to the parent levels.
>
> Is this intended behaviour?

Sorry I cannot figure out what the problem is.  Can you give a more
actionable example, along with relevant parts of your configuration
and Org/Emacs versions?

Thanks,

--
 Bastien