Re: Org-agenda ignores archive tag set by "#+FILETAGS: ARCHIVE"

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Org-agenda ignores archive tag set by "#+FILETAGS: ARCHIVE"
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 17:06:11 +0000

Bastien writes:

> George Sokolsky <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have .org files with  "#+FILETAGS: ARCHIVE" headers.
>
> Shouldn't it be "#+FILETAGS: :ARCHIVE:" instead?
>
> (Note the columns.)

Despite being the documented form, org-set-regexps-and-options will
handle entries "tag1 [tag2 ...]" as well:

    (cl-mapcan (lambda (value)
                 (cl-mapcan
                  (lambda (k) (org-split-string k ":"))
                  (split-string value)))
               (cdr (assoc "FILETAGS" alist)))

>> I want items from these .org files to be hidden by default from results
>> of "org-agenda" -> "s Search for keywords" by default.
>>
>> This is not the case, unfortunately.
>
> Can you be so kind as to test with latest Org from maint or master?

Earlier this week I applied the patch from a sibling message of this
thread (5e2490bdf), so maint and master no longer behave as initially
reported (hopefully :>).