Re: Bug: why does org-goto call org-latex-preview?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: why does org-goto call org-latex-preview?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 03:45:20 +0000

Vladimir Nikishkin writes:

> Why is it that org-goto enforces the regeneration of previews in a buffer?

It looks like an oversight to me.  I think
org-startup-with-latex-preview should be let-bound to nil around
org-goto-location's call to org-mode.  Likewise, I'd say that
org-startup-with-inline-images and org-startup-shrink-all-tables should
be let-bound to nil.

Assuming nobody chimes in to explain why that's a bad idea, I'll plan to
make those changes tomorrow night.