Asynchronous LaTeX Preview

From: Faye Jackson
Subject: Asynchronous LaTeX Preview
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 20:37:37 -0500

Hi!

I think the subject of the post says it all. While using org-mode I often have
a lot of LaTeX fragments scattered in my documents for mathematics, and I
typically use the startup functionality to load all those previews when a file
is loaded.

Due to this, I'd be really interested in seeing an option to make that process
asynchronous, so that it doesn't block me while I'm trying to view a document.
I looked into doing this using emacs-async and emacs advice, but the org-mode
project is fairly complex and this seems like a feature that would be nice to
include by default.

Thanks,

-- Faye